This new respiratory virus has put health authorities on high alert. The spread of the novel coronavirus named COVID-19 has impacted travel, business and spread concern all around the world.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However is recommended everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. It’s reccomended to:
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
– Follow recommendations for using a facemask. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.